Friday 15 March 2019

My Accident Story



The Race down the Hill
February 2019 
By:Caleb
I am learning to entertain my audience with a recount

Do you love to scooter? Do you ever want to take on the next bigger hill? Well that was me. I love to scooter and I always want to go on the next bigger, steeper hill, so that I can spend down as fast as I can. This accident is me vs a hill and well … “Ahh, I can’t stop!”

It all started earlier in the day when I was promised a trip to the park. I was about eight years old at the time. I had organised myself, packing all my things I wanted to take to the park, especially packing my scooter. Then I had to wait, sitting inside daydreaming about what I could do at the park when I heard a voice, I hopped off my bean bag checked who it was, and I was so happy that it was my mum calling us to go to the park. I ran out of my room, running downstairs filled with joy and getting in the car shouting, “Hurry, hurry we need to go now.”

It wasn’t a lone drive, only three-five minutes. But what was five minutes felt like hours and hours. We hoped out of the car, I rushed all the way to the swings dragging my scooter with me. When I got to the swings, I tried all the new things, going up and down, up and down. Then I heard my mum shouting, “Come on we’re going for an walk.” Swooping my scooter up, while getting onto it at the same time, I raced ahead following the footpath as it heading up a hill. I went down the hill without an injury, it was easy. Then I spotted a taller, steeper hill and I wondered if I would have more fun going down the hill.

I took off finally reaching the top of the hill, I jumped on my scooter and went down the hill. I started to go faster and faster until it felt like I was racing. I was trying to stop but it kept going. My brakes couldn’t stop that speed, I went faster and faster eventually falling off, landing on my left wrist. As I was trying to get up I felt no pain until I put my arms on the ground to push myself up. But I couldn’t use my arm, lifting myself up I managed to get up. Now I could feel the pain shoot through my arm like a sharp stingy pain, I bursted into tears.

My parents examined my injury thinking that it was just badly bruised. But after a few days we went to see the doctor and they said that I had sprained my wrist. That was the day I got my wrist support. It took a few weeks to heal Now I have learnt a valuable lesson not to try and race down the steepest hills, it's only asking for trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment